Dental Sealants in Auburn, AL
Want to ensure your teeth are as protected as possible? At Central Park Dental Care, we believe prevention is an essential part of effective dental care and recommend that most of our patients receive tooth sealants to help protect them from bacteria overgrowth, dental decay, and cavities.
About Our Auburn Tooth Sealants Treatment
A tooth sealant is a plastic material which is applied to the chewing surfaces of teeth to create a protective barrier which can help prevent decay and cavities. Due to the fact that everyone has pits, grooves and depressions on the chewing surfaces of their teeth, debris, and bacteria often get trapped increasing a patient’s risk of bacteria growth, decay, and cavity formation. Wondering what to expect with our dental sealants in Auburn?
- Your teeth will be thoroughly cleaned and dried.
- An acidic gel is applied to the teeth surfaces to roughen them and help the sealant bond with the teeth.
- Your teeth will be thoroughly rinsed and dried.
- The sealant is then quickly applied to the teeth, and blue light is used to bond the sealant to the teeth, creating a protective barrier.
Benefits of Dental Sealants
Many people think tooth sealants treatment is only recommended for children and young teens. However, everyone is susceptible to dental decay. Our Auburn dental sealants have a variety of benefits which include:
- Seals pits, grooves and depressions on teeth
- Reduces bacteria growth
- Reduces risk of decay and cavities
- Prevents the need for invasive, costly dental procedures
Schedule Your Auburn Dental Sealant Appointment
Think you or a loved one would benefit from our dental sealants in Auburn? Contact Central Park Dental Care today to schedule your appointment. We’re always accepting new patients and look forward to protecting your pearly whites.