Wisdom Tooth Extraction: 7 Facts You Need to Know
Wisdom teeth extractions are more common than you might think. Our dentists at Central Park Dental Care are experienced in providing patients with high-quality extractions in stress-free conditions. Innovations in medicine and the way we treat patients have allowed for painless procedures with quicker recovery time. Read on for 7 more facts you need to know about wisdom tooth extractions.
- Wisdom tooth extraction is a common dental procedure. In fact, millions are removed each year in the United States alone! The procedure is an easy one that simply involves removing at least one molar in the back of your mouth.
- A wisdom tooth can cause oral health problems and even life-threatening conditions. Infection caused by wisdom teeth can lead to cysts, abscess, and further damage the surrounding gums and teeth. In rare and serious conditions, it can lead to more damage to the kidney and heart.
- Wisdom tooth extraction is bearable. Our dentists will provide local anesthesia, general anesthesia, or sedation based on your circumstances. This can give you a huge sense of relief in knowing you will not experience any pain during your procedure.
- It’s advisable to remove wisdom tooth early. Removing wisdom teeth early on helps to prevent further damage or possible decay on your smile.
- Wisdom teeth problems can be asymptomatic. Our dentists often see cases where there are no symptoms going along with the wisdom teeth problems.
- Pain management can be fun. Cold and soft foods are encouraged after your procedure that helps with the swelling and bleeding. You will also be prescribed pain medication to better help with discomfort.
- There are ways to speed recovery up. Avoiding heavy physical activities, smoking, and being gentle with your mouth will help the recovery end quickly.