Advantages Of Using Night Guards
Millions of people in the US are affected daily by grinding and clenching their teeth, also known as bruxism. There are a variety of factors that cause bruxism including stress. Our dentists at Central Park Dental Care strive to provide our patients with valuable and reliable dental care. Our dentists recommend using night guards if you suffer from bruxism. To understand the advantages of using night guards, then continue reading on.
What are the advantages of using night guards?
- Prevent tooth damage. Continuous clenching and grinding of your teeth can cause damage on your teeth over time. It can add wear on your teeth’s enamel and lead to further treatments and costs. Wearing custom night guards helps to avoid your top and bottom teeth from damaging each other.
- Alleviate pain and headaches. The constant tension against your teeth can lead to severe headaches. It can also cause tooth pain, ear aches, muscle spasms, and muscle fatigue. Wearing your night guard can help to alleviate the pain and headaches caused from teeth grinding.
- Reduce tension. Regularly wearing night guards will help to alleviate tension caused from bruxism. It helps to take the stress of your teeth and allows you a more comfortable smile.
- Improve sleep patterns. A customized night guard can allow you a better sleep. The guard eliminate tension and leaves you with a relaxed and comfortable fit. It also helps by relax your muscles.
- Prevent snoring. Tension in your jaw can lead to breathing troubles by affecting your muscles. A night guard can help to eliminate breathing troubles that cause snoring while you sleep. Ask your dentist about a customized night guard that can help to separate your jaw.
If you suffer from bruxism, then we encourage you to speak with your dentist at Central Park Dental Care.