Advantages of Getting Denture
When you lose one tooth, it is easy to work around it and still be confident when you smile. This is especially the case if the lost tooth is in the back of your mouth. However, when you have more than one tooth missing, more so your front teeth, it is not easy to pretend that the gap does not exist. Such gaps can introduce a myriad of issues in your oral health, which is why you need to replace your teeth.
Thankfully, you can never run out of options that would work for you when you need to replace your teeth, whether one of them or many at a go. Dentures are such oral appliances that come in handy when it comes to restoring the smiles of patients by replacing their teeth.
What Are Dentures?
They are tooth replacement oral devices used in dentistry to replace multiple teeth in a row. This means that to get dentures, you would need to have more than three teeth missing in a row. Otherwise, your dentist will recommend getting different oral devices to replace your lost teeth. Dentures feature a set of artificial teeth that are supported by a base that mimics the gums of the human mouth.
For a long time, dentures were only known to benefit toothless patients. The types of dentures that achieve that role are called full or complete dentures. They feature all types of teeth in a human mouth. However, dentures can replace any type of teeth, because they can be made partially. In that case, they are called partial dentures. These types of dentures replace only the teeth you are missing, regardless of their position or location in your mouth.
Top 6 Advantages of Dentures
Since dentures are not the only tooth-replacement oral devices available in dentistry, Dr. Mark Summerford spends quite some time educating his patients on the advantages of dentures, should they choose to get them. Some of the advantages to consider include the following:
1. Restoring mouth functionality – without teeth, basic functions of the mouth are hard to complete. This ranges from eating properly to speaking fluently. When you get dentures in a dental office in Auburn, you gain the ability to use your mouth optimally.
2. Versatile techniques – dentures can be fixed permanently or removable. This versatility allows patients to pick and choose what works best for them. Depending on your preferences, you can direct your Auburn dentist on the technique you prefer when getting dentures.
3. Non-invasive procedure – did you know that you do not necessarily require surgery to get dentures? Many of the procedures that dentists in Auburn AL, perform are painless and quick. All a dentist near you needs is to take impressions of your mouth to come up with perfectly fitting dentures. Only when you prefer to get dental implants before dentures would the procedure be considered invasive. Other than that, getting dentures is a painless non-invasive treatment that works great for conservative patients.
4. Keeping the features of the mouth engaged – many parts of your mouth rely on the existence of teeth to be active. This includes the jawbone, facial muscles, and even your gums. Instead of your gum tissue receding and your bone tissue degenerating, the dentures keep these features of your mouth engaged and active.
5. Cosmetic advantage – the worry over the large gap in your mouth when you smile goes away when you get dentures. They restore the beauty of your smile immediately. The best part is that dentures in modern dentistry are natural-looking, which means you do not have to worry about everyone staring at your partials because they stand out from the rest of your natural teeth.
6. Boosting confidence – you will never fully understand the confidence that teeth bring about unless you are missing several of them. With dentures, however, you never have to hide your smile or be insecure about it.
Should You Try Dentures?
When you have multiple missing teeth, do not hesitate to talk to your dentist about your viable options to restore your teeth. Given that there are many techniques to install dentures and meet the varying needs of patients, dentures may be the perfect solution for you when you have lost many teeth.